Consumer Lending Business Intelligence Analyst
|November 21, 2013 - December 05, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, data mining our existing databases and vendor databases, interpreting trends and communicating these findings to the department in a clear and concise manner. This role will require independent thinking, stringent time management skills, understanding of consumer lending products and consumer behavior, good analytical and organizational skills with an ability to adapt to change quickly as business volumes and trends may dictate changes in reporting and processes. Responsibilities will include reviewing data, validating the data, managing portfolio analysis reports for the department that highlight opportunities for portfolio growth and enhanced pricing. This role will require the ability to develop effective working relationships with different departments in the credit union as well as fellow co-workers within the department with reporting functionality to the Consumer Lending Product Development Manager and VP of Consumer Lending. |
|Duties:||• Create actionable leads that translate to deepening member relationships in an efficient and effective manner. This will include all product lines within consumer lending, and any ancillary products that affect portfolio performance and should address key issues that pertain to the performance of each product line.|
• Collect research on consumer behavior and translate this information into analytical reports on growth opportunities for Consumer Lending. Concepts include anticipatory analytics, moments of truth, life stages, choice behavior, and regression analysis to more effectively price loans.
• Develop and maintain a channel scorecard to include, but not limited to, process cycle time reporting, pull through rates, and profitability for all Consumer Lending processes and channels, highlighting delays or other inefficiencies that harm consumer loan production.
• Work with internal and external partners to develop a reliable pricing model to incorporate true cost figures, profitability estimates, and market projections, as well as behaviors and attributes that indicate a riskier or more stable applicant than traditional models predict.
• Collate market intelligence to define niches in which Coastal can gain business and better serve our members. Sources of data will include, but are not limited to Auto Count, Informa Research Services, Experian, Equifax and Credit Union Peer Reporting.
• Create and maintain data and reports necessary to manage the quantitative and qualitative performance goals established for the Consumer Lending department as well as reports to monitor trends, performance and return of campaigns and/or promotions conducted by the Department.
• Work with Consumer Lending Reporting Analyst to develop process steps and manuals with an overall goal of securing a strong contingency plan and backup process so the flow of data and information is always readily available.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and monthly recaps in a Word or PDF document, highlighting qualitative and quantitative trends.
• Participate on assigned committees and work groups.
|Qualifications:||• Five years of related experience in analysis, data mining, research, efficiency creation and project management. |
• Related four-year college degree and a professional certificate, or a related graduate degree.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS-Office.
• Must be able to travel independently and operate all types of general office equipment including a PC.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.