Temp Accounting Analyst I
|July 15, 2013 - July 19, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Maintain the Credit Union’s accounting records and reports, insuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and Credit Union accounting practices. Provide backup and support to accountant positions. |
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:|
Prepare, review, verify, and reconcile the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
Develop and establish systems and procedures to ensure adequate controls for accounting functions such as cash from bank accounts, advances, receivables, deposits, fixed assets, property tax filing, federal reserve report filing, and miscellaneous assets and liabilities.
Provide backup and support to accountant positions within the Accounting Department. Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with both co-workers and outside departments regarding accounting matters through routine communication and collaboration.
Develop an intimate understanding of the general ledger and transaction work flows. Perform advanced accounting functions including general ledger account reconciliations, analyses, and monthly financial reporting.
|Qualifications:||• Three years of similar or related recent (within the last four years) accounting experience.|
• Minimum of three years experience in an accounting position working with the general ledger, including preparation of general ledger account reconciliations/work papers.
• Credit Union or previous financial institution work preferred.
• Fixed Asset experience preferred.
• Accounts Payable experience preferred.
• Experience with filing annual property taxes preferred.
• Four-year college degree in Accounting or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in accounting field.
• Strong communication skills.
• Intermediate level computer skills: Excel and Word.
To apply: Visit our website at www.coastal24.com (“careers” at the bottom and then “career opportunities.”)
Deadline for Application: All resumes must be received on or before Monday, July 29, 2013.
Coastal federal credit union is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants who may have disabilities. APPLICANTS WHO REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE APPLICATION OR PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS may contact the HR Department Manager at 919-882-6747. Request for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.